Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things...


Hearing someones heartbeat. Dinosaurs. Trying on new clothes again as soon as I get back from the store. The sound of water lapping against a dock. My almost name. Horrible fake accents made by close friends. When someone saves me a seat. Driving around with the windows down on a late summer night. Napping with somebody else. Staying in my pajamas all day. When I meet up with a group of friends and they stop talking to celebrate my arrival. Wordless apologies. Taking the stairs next to somebody taking the escalator. When I open my cell phone and there are a bunch of text messages waiting. When the person scratching my back finds that one really itchy spot. Making someone laugh when they have a mouth full of food. Sitting in the backseat of a packed car when the driver takes a turn really fast. Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out. Passing under a bridge on the highway when it's pouring rain. Taking my heels off at the end of the night and walking home in bare feet. That feeling in your stomach when you go really high on the swings. Waking up before my alarm clock and realizing I've got lots of sleep time left. When someone holds my keys and wallet in their purse. When I'm watching one of my favorite movies and I realize I don't remember how it ends. Getting into a bed with clean sheets after shaving my legs. Falling asleep in the backseat of a car late at night on the drive home. Putting potato chips on a sandwich. The sound of rain from inside a tent. Backseat car windows that go down all the way. The first time wearing new socks. Returning to my warm comfy bed after getting up to pee in the middle of the night. Remembering what movie that guy is from. Parking lot pull through. Getting something with actual handwriting on it in the mail. Multitasking while brushing my teeth. The sound of scissors cutting construction paper. The first scoop out of a jar of peanut butter. The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time. Rain hair. Living with someone who doesn't mind killing spiders. Taking my pants off when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment